Friday, May 05, 2006

Secret Pal 8

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I like anything that is soft that could be acrylic or natural fiber. I don't like anything scratchy.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I use my mother's old knitting case. It looks like a bottle container .

3. How long have you been knitting? I have only been knitting a little over the year. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I am a beginner but I will try anything.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=yourlists_pop_1/102-7439220-0178514
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love anything citrusy. My two favorites are cucumber melon and pink grapefruit.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth?Yes... Favorite candy? Caramel or toffee anything with those two things in them are my faves.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?I also scrapbook and make cards. Do you spin? Yes, I am learning to spin with a spindle.

8. What kind of music do you like?I like anything except rap. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes my music devices with play anything.

9. What's your favorite color? I don't really have a favorite color
Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I tend to like any blues or greens or pinks.Any colors you just can't stand? no

10. What is your family situation?I am married and have 3 kids (dd-14, ds -11, ds-3) Do you have any pets? 2 dogs and 2 cats
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I wear scarves and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Anything is wonderful right now.
13. What are you knitting right now? Let's see....I am working on a cardigan(Bristow from knitty), a cabled scarf, and a shawl(Cozy from knitty).
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have really have experience with Aluminum. I have two bamboo circulars but haven't figured out how to make them work for me.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? NO
17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself.
18. How old is your oldest UFO? A cabled scarf that I started in Dec 2005
19. What is your favorite holiday? I like all the holidays
20. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn and scrapbook supplies
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?I would like the yarn harlot books and a cable book by Fiona Ellis. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I only subscribe to Interweave Knits
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am learning cables and lace.
23. Are you a sock knitter? Trying to learn that too What are your foot measurements? circumference=10 inches....Length 9.5 inches
24. When is your birthday? (01/18)

No comments: