Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy, Busy

I will have to add photos later as I will never get this posted if I wait to get photos up.  After the van fire, I attend a UMW district meeting the following weekend.  It was wonderful to visit with all the different women from around our district here.  Putting names to faces is always fun.   I am still learning my new "job" as district treasurer.  It does take a certain amount of time but I sure it will be easier as time goes on.  This meant that I was away from home over night.  David was fine and so were the kids but I know eating wasn't as dependable.

The next weekend I want on fun and exciting weekend with my spinning and knitting friends.  I went to Watertown, SD to a fiber festival.  There animals mostly sheep and alpacas, lots of yarn and roving too.  I bought a really nice alpaca pin roving and some lovely pink batts.  I took a spinning class on how to spin fine yarn.  It was very interesting and I learned how to trust the thread as you spin.  There was also a deal that you got 4 ounces of fiber to spin and the returned the finished yarn for the auction at the end of the weekend.  It was interesting experience to spin all different types of fibers in one yarn. 

The rest of the time has been spent going to cross country meets for Jacob.  He did a good job this year and looks forward to next year running the longer distances.  He generally runs a 3k but next year will look at doing the 5k. 

Next was Halloween, Seth was Darth Vader.  He had a lot of fun going to a friends party and trick or treating around town.  This Halloween was actually a very pleasant night.  It was a bit chilly but not too close to freezing. 

Autumn has been busy with getting her senior pictures done and given out.  She has been busy with play practice.  Today she starts basketball practice.  I have a feeling our nice quiet weekends will be very busy soon. 

I can't believe that is almost Thanksgiving time.  I am also looking forward to Journaling my Christmas.  I think I will do it as a digital file this time around here on the blog.  It is fun to do and makes me thoughtful at this time of year.

No comments: