Saturday, February 02, 2008

My first plied yarn





I finally got my wheel fixed enough to make a plied yarn. It went very well. I don't know if I will knit with it or not as since it is some of my first spun yarn and it isn't the greatest as far as being a great knitting yarn. I still have to get it off the bobbin and set the twist but it is done. I spun up part of my Party dress from Spunky ecletic. But need to free up a bobbin to finish the second half. Can't wait to do this month's shipment, Icelandic wool and great colors.
I have to find some bobbins for this though. Since it isn't a common brand I am going to have to have to find what will fit it.
Knitting, I am doing the SOTS ii, I had to frog a bit and that didn't go as well as I had hoped but I am just going to continue from here and try to get as close to clue 3 as I can. I am still working on my cardigan and Swan lake too. I am so close to finishing my socks that I if sat down for about a half an hour they would be done.
Trying to learn Magic loop but haven't taken the time to just do it.
I think I need a snow day all to myself to just do what I want without all the things wanting attention.
Today we have a basketball game and sometime this weekend we have to get groceries. Also it is the BIG football weekend. Maybe we will have to time that day to catch up and knitting or spinning.

No comments: