Saturday, December 01, 2007

Snow, Snow and more Snow....

Oh, also below zero temps.....I "love" winter..... I chose to live here so I shouldn't complain. So now begins the season of boots, snowpants, hats, gloves etc.... I am slowly trying to organize this house but it is slow going. I have been busy with basketball games and tournaments; harvest and getting a volunteer youth organzation back on its feet after a tornado. So life has been interesting this last few months. Plus DH was sick for a few days in there too. He rarely gets sick so when he does it is usually very sick. He is really good so it is nice to pamper him for the few days. But it does slow the rest of us down too.

Well, on the knitting front I have gotten Bristow to the last quarter but I have to rip back an inch as in the stress of late I knitted too far for the shoulder and armhole shaping. So I am working on the Swan Lake shawl again. I have gotten to clue 3 and added more markers to keep the pattern count better. I have to say I love stitch markers. They have helped me more than I can say.

Since this is December 1, Journal your Christmas is back and I am looking forward to doing it again. It was nice to take a few minutes everyday to think about the daily question and my answer to it. It has made me look at Christmas differently and able to appreciate it more than I have in a few years. So look for some journal pages here for the next month or so.

I am not knitting any Christmas gifts but am looking doing a shawl for my daycare provider. She is so good with my ds. He loves her and her family as if we are related. Since we live far from grandma and grandpa it is nice to see he gets some psuedo grammy time.

Well, I am going to go work on my ravelry page as this is the only time I can get since for some reason I can't sleep in anymore. Oh well, the house is quiet and no fighting to mediate or getting anything for anyone.

enjoy your winter weather....it doesn't last forever....

No comments: