. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?I like to knit with wool and most natural fibers but I love to knit with Alpaca/wool or Alpaca silk or etc. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Nothing really scratchy or rough.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I just bought the KnitPicks circular set.(love it) I also use an old knitting container that was my mother's.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I taught myself to both crochet and knit. Crocheting I learned 20 years ago. Knitting just 2 years ago. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Knitting wise I am an advanced beginner
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?Yes I do have one
5. What's your favorite scent? lily of the valley is a favorite; cucumber melon from Bath and body works too really anything fresh and floral.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? sort of I like sweets Favorite candy? Hot Tamales(cinnamon candy) or Ferre Rocher(hazelnut candy with chocolate)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I scrapbook too Do you spin? Yes I am learning to spin. I have my own wheel and lots of fiber to play with.
8. What kind of music do you like?Everything except Rap Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Yes, I can do mp3.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? I love all colors I tend to like pinks, blues,and greens But I am game for just about any colors Any colors you just can't stand? The only ones are muddy or mid tone colors
10. What is your family situation? I am married (20 years) and have 3 kids (dd15,ds 12, and ds 5) Do you have any pets? I have 2 dogs.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I live in North Dakota. I wear everything in the winter except ponchos...just never really liked them
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now I have been knitting shawls among other things.
13. What are you knitting right now? The list is long ...I am knitting Mystery Stole 3,
finshing a Faroese shawl, Left front of a Bristow cardi (knitty pattern) and a second sock There are others but these are the ones I am actively doing.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, Please and Thank you
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I think both have their place but am loving circular needles right now. I bought the Knit Picks set not too long ago. So loving those.
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like wood for sock dpns Have lots of aluminum and haven't really tried plastic yet.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No and No...someday....
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Bristow (1 year plus)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Easter because it is time for new beginnings
19. Is there anything that you collect? Teapots
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?This one http://www.twoswansyarns.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=N1090&template=pattern ,Euroflax linen, bamboo yarn, Faroese shawl book, The book list will be on Amazon.com also Kauni Cardi yarn.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I receive Interweave Knits.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Magic Sock, Fair Isle
22. Are you a sock knitter?Barely
What are your foot measurements? Wear a Size 10 US
23. When is your birthday? January
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I am on the waiting list near the end
If you are my Secret Pal, just let me know if you want more details.
I am looking forward to getting to know someone new and spoiling someone new too.
Gotta go things are getting busy. Hope to get back here later this week.