Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The summer is coming to a close

Lots of things have happened since I last wrote here. Autumn had a wonderful prom. We lost a member of our family to cancer quickly. Visited with family we haven't seen in years. Reconnected a bit and hope to continue to do so over the coming years.

It seems this summer like we really haven't had a summer. It has been cool and not very summer like for the most of it. The kids are all ready back in school and the grind begins again. Jacob is loving his cross country running. Autumn is looking forward to her senior year in high school. Seth is just enjoying being with all his friends and he has a loose tooth too. Everyone is growing up.

David and I are trying to keep up with all the kids. Also trying to find time to ourselves too. In a few short years it will be back to just the two of us again. It is hard to believe we have been married for over 20 years. It seems like we just got married a few years ago. He is "enjoying" being union steward for his workplace. I am trying to adjust to another volunteer position for my church's women's group. It is take more time than I would like. But it will be fun to do some traveling.

I have finished a few knitting projects this summer. The first one I was a ruffled shawl that I gave away. I am going to have to make another one. That was a fast and fun knit. The other one was a handspun, handknit shawl. I gave that to Jacob's title I teacher. She has helped so much over the years that she deserved it. Now I am working on another shawl that will be given away but also for a good reason. That is also a handspun, handknit as well as my own personal design.
I have a several other projects that I want to get done before the end of the year.
Rhinebeck cardigan-have to spin more yarn, knit the rest of the body.
Bristow-need to knit the two sleeves.
Sugar Maple socks-just have to finish the foot.
Aphrodite Shawl-will work on that as I can no deadline on that.
Desdemona Shawl-would like to get that done. I am getting the 3rd installment of lace club soon.

My next in line projects should be mittens for everyone. I need to spin those. Will probably be simple simple ones but that is just fine with most likely alpaca interior. Yummmm, soft and cozy for the really really cold winter.

Need to go and do some work today. Wheat harvest might actually happen this week.

No comments: